The information displayed on this page/section is considered non-canon.
Grimoire (グリモア, Gurimoa) was a sorcerer of the Paraponera Clan, acting as the mentor of Ponera. He conspired to attain powers befitting a Kishin in an effort to gain power for himself. He is one of the main antagonist and penultimate main quest line boss in the video game, Soul Eater: Monotone Princess.
Usually presenting himself cordially and calm, Grimoire is secretly a manipulative and power hungry individual not above taking advantage of Ponera's attachment to him and her clan's power of creating soul cocoons to further his true goal of attain power capable of making him a "super sorcerer". When manipulating others, he promises individuals of attaining their deepest desires.
When presented in disadvantageous situations, Grimoire shows himself to be in denial of such situations and can even resort to cowardly tactics such as deserting Ponera after his defeat by Death the Kid (or any of the playable character).
Grimoire appears as a dark skinned young man. He always wears his his gray plaid cap on his head, which are attached to two piercings. His eye color is purple and his hair is brown. He has a tattoo on his left arm, consisting of many black worms. His clothing consists of a white undershirt and a pair of gray trousers, to which a tape is. He also has two chains, one of iron and the other is a string, in which is a piece of jewelry.
Magic (魔法, Mahō): As a Sorcerer, Grimoire is capable of performing various kinds of Magic. Though centered on his book in which he has a innate connection to, Grimoire possess some Magic on his lonesome.
- Wavelength Control (波長コントロール, Hachō Kontorōru): Grimoire's variant of the skill enables him to control the souls of others enough to absorb their power. Although he uses his book to perform this, he is able to also do it on his own enough to have taught Ponera this ability.
Acrobatic Skill: Grimoire combines his summon capabilities with acrobatic movements to make himself a harder target to hit.
List of magicsEdit
- Summon (召喚, Shōkan): Much of Grimoire's magic revolves around the magical skill of using his Demon Book to summon various kinds of magic life formss in which follow the form of a type of hellworm.
- Manipulation Magic (操作系の魔法, Sōsakei no Mahō): Grimoire is capable of manipulating humans with his words alone, making them give up their souls into the Soul Cocoon and under his sway.
- Spatial Magic (空間魔法, Kūkan Mahō): Grimoire possess some skill in using space-related magic.
- Spatial Magic
- Summons from Magic Book of Grimoire
- Hellworms (ヘルワーム, Heruwāmu) - A worm that chases an opponent and uses bite attacks.
- Ocareworm - A stronger variation of the Hellworm.
- Ogleworm - A worm whose bite attacks heal Grimoire.
- Ray Worm - A powerful burst of energy that causes poison or paralysis.
- Green Worm - A worm whose bite causes poison effect.
- Blue Worm - A worm whose bite attacks cause paralysis
- Magic Book of Grimoire (グリモアの魔法書, Gurimoa No Mahō-sho): Grimoire's book allows him to perform many his magical feats. Within the book stores various different kinds of spells that summon different types of worms. They also allow for special access to certain magics and absorb the power of any soul within his book.
Grimoire's Magic Book (グリモアの魔法書, Gurimoa No Mahō-sho): Grimoire's book allows him to perform many his magical feats. Within the book stores various different kinds of spells that summon different types of worms. They also allow for special access to certain magics and absorb the power of any soul within his book.
- Barrier (結界, Kekkai): Grimoire, channeling the power of his Demon Book, can allow him to create a barrier.
- Hellworms (ヘルワーム, Heruwāmu) - a worm that chases the player and uses bite attacks.
- Ocareworm - a stronger variation of the Hellworm.
- Ogleworm - a worm whose bite attacks heal Grimoire.
- Ray Worm - a powerful burst of energy that causes poison or paralysis.
- Green Worm - a worm whose bite causes poison effect.
- Blue Worm - a worm whose bite attacks cause paralysis.
Setting their plan in motion, Grimoire gathered human people in Italy and siphoned their soul using the Paraponera Clan's soul cocoon. However, this process was temporarily interrupted by Killbell. He bartered with the male by claiming the cocoon would allow him to be reborn stronger and offered him a cocoon with a soul. After the exchange and the draining of the other souls, he then uses magic to control the humans.
Later, Grimoire is present alongside Ponera as they watch Maka's team and Sid Barrett take the soul cocoon stolen from them by Alone and into Death Weapon Meister Academy. Grimoire is then tasked by Ponera on retrieving the cocoon from the DWMA. Complying with the order, the both of them teleport back to their hideout.
Grimoire travels to Patchwork Lab using the underground caverns deep beneath the outskirts of the city connected to the Paraponera Clan's base of operations where he retrieves the soul cocoon as a Gigant was awaken and began destroying the inside of the lab. While only revealing his name, Doctor Medusa reveals to Maka's team and Stein of the Paraponera Clan and their leader much to his surprise and chargin. He then escapes, allowing the Gigant to battle a member of Maka's team.
When the DWMA begins hunting down Paraponera Clan's base of operation deep within the underground caverns, Death the Kid and the Thompson sisters are sent and encounter Grimoire. Using his magic to do battle, he believes he has the upperhand but takes surprise when he finds that Kid dispels his magic with his death cannon technique. Eventually, Grimoire begins to take the battle more seriously and starts utilizing kishin power after absorbing a kishin egg into his book that has been within a soul cocoon to battle the death god. However, he is still defeated and his soul is absorbed into his book.
- This character is erroneously believed to be the character, Noah (Greed). However, this is not the case. The author simply liked his designed and incorporate it into the manga. Grimoire shares a much similar appearance with slight differences but is a completely different characters on account that the Monotone Princess game is non-canon game.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 Soul Eater: Monotone Princess
|Eibon • Prisoner • Grimoire • Rerené Descartes|
|Icon||Greed • Wrath • Lust • Gluttony • Envy • Pride • Sloth|