Similar to that of the Star Clan, the naming within members the family follows a pattern; first name correlating to a color and the stylization of a star at the center of the name before the surname. The family also possess a special star glare like that of the Star Clan, though the glare show up only on one pupil and the star is only formed and shaped halfway.
The Hoshi family practices various special skills and techniques within their dojo, family, and by extension, the other branches of the family:
- Soul Menace (魂威, Kon'i; FUNimation "Soul Force"): An advanced technique of wavelength control that allows them to attack with their own soul wavelength towards an opponent.
Martial arts & fighting stylesEdit
- Art of Assassination (暗殺術, Ansatsu Jutsu): The Hoshi are skilled in the usage of assassination techniques.
- Old Ways (古武術, Ko Bujutsu; FUNimation "Ancient martial arts"): The Hoshi family are knowledgeable in the ancient teaching of martial arts meant for killing their opponents. Despite this, it also has non-lethal applications.
List of known membersEdit
- Currently, the connection between the Hoshi family and the Hoshino family remains unknown.
- ↑ Soul Eater Volume 21 afterword translation notes - The translation notes mentions that this is, indeed, the family name
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Soul Eater NOT!: Chapter 6
- ↑ Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 92 — Akane is introduced as Akane☆Hoshi, in which literally means "Red☆Star.
- ↑ Soul Eater Not! Volume 4.5