Nothing was shown from Jack more then being a bloodthirsty and malicious killer who seemingly enjoyed attempting to end the lives of others.
Jack's build is monster-like, with an elongated body, disproportionately long, skinny arms and legs and a strangely profound pot-belly. He walks and stands in a crouched position, similar to a predatory animal and has a line of small bumps in his skin going down his spine. He has grey skin and wears a strange-looking outfit similar to a bondage outfit, made up of a few scant straps going across his torso and waist. On the strap around his waist, a black jagged shadow-like plume is attached to either side of his waist. His face is obscured by a mask that looks like it is stitched onto his face, with a pointed conical orange nose, dark angry-looking eye holes (with one eye narrower than the other) and a wide mouth with razor sharp teeth and a long drooling tongue. The ends of his mouth has stitches on them. In the anime, it is shown that his eyes glow red at some intervals. He has a strange-looking symbol on his forehead. He has a tuft of wild black hair on each side of his head as well as a long lock of hair hanging down on both sides of his face. The most prominent features of Jack the Ripper are his hands; they seem to be completely replaced by mechanical claw-like appendages. Each metal hand has five long razor-sharp blades that he uses as his primary weapon. These metal hands are attached to thin metal bars that run along his arms and connect to a metal ring around his neck.
- Razor Claw: His fingers are replaced with razor claws, being extremely dangerous weapons capable of slicing through human flesh.
Jack himself is a weak opponent in comparison to Maka and Soul, with the duo easily defeating Jack in one hit. In the anime, because of his unique crouching body shape, he loses balance quite easily. In addition, his attacks focus on his claws and leave back area open to attack.
Having enountered Maka and Soul, he watches the weapon transform and goes to attack the Meister and Weapon. However, he is swiftly put down by Maka with one swing from the Demon Scythe, killing him instantly and reducing him to a soul. His soul is then consumed by Soul Eater.
- Jack, in the anime, was seen hunting for souls. This is once of the various inconsistencies between the anime and manga, as it's stated in both that humans cannot consume souls. In the original manga, Jack is wanted for his crimes as a serial killer.
- Jack's title, Jack the Ripper, is most likely a reference to an infamous serial killer of the same name, who terrorised Victorian London by killing several women.
- ↑ Soul Eater Volume 1 Prologue 1 - Maka: Soul Eater...this guy's human, right...? Soul: Yes Maka...don't let the looks fool ya. I mean, look at me. I'm a scythe but I usually take the form of a human.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Soul Eater Volume 1; Prologue 1, page 8-11
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Soul Eater Anime: Episode 1