|“||The power of the Kishin goes beyond human understanding. It is evolution itself! Shinigami and you at DWMA have watched over and protected the world by acting as a deterrent to that power. DWMA's intent can be summed up in one expression: "Maintain the status quo." But time moves forward. Isn't it logical that we grow and advance along with it. It's only natural. Doctor Stein...do you really want a monotonous world...where nothing ever changes?||”|
—Medusa to Stein, Chapter 15, Yen Press
Medusa Gorgon (メデューサ・ゴーゴン, Medyūsa Gōgon) was a witch and one of the three Gorgon Sisters. She was also the mother of the Demon Swordmaster, Crona. Formerly a nurse in the DWMA, she secretly plotted to release the Kishin from his sealing and succeeded with the assistance of her group of assossiates. Medusa Gorgon is one of the main antagonists within the Soul Eater series.
Medusa Gorgon is an allusion to the Medusa associated with Greek Mythology. Medusa was once a golden-haired, fair maiden, who, as a priestess of Athena, was devoted to a life of celibacy; however, after being wooed by Poseidon and falling for him, she forgot her vows and married him. For this offense, she was punished by the goddess in a most terrible manner. Each wavy lock of the beautiful hair that had charmed her husband was changed into a venomous snake; her once gentle, love-inspiring eyes turned into blood-shot, furious orbs, which excited fear and disgust in the mind of the onlooker; whilst her former roseate hue and milk-white skin assumed a loathsome greenish tinge.
When acting as DWMA's nurse, Medusa presents herself as a caring and supportive member of the staff, even to the point of comforting Maka Albarn when she displayed her insecurities as a Meister and showing "concern" for other students within the academy such as Soul Eater. However, as Franken Stein pointed out, Medusa herself is "full of lies" and in actuality cares little for anyone but seemingly herself. Being a scientist, she also tends to views things like a researcher to the point of using actual individuals such as her own child, for experiments. In addition, she can be viewed as irredeemable, willing to manipulate anyone for her goals and even abandon her own child after deeming them a "failure". Perhaps Medusa's greatest strength, however, is her cunning and intellect. Often enough, she forms complex plans that even the DWMA at times fails to counter and tends to learn from her own mistakes. She even feels blasphemy is part of the nature of being a Witch.
However, despite these dark and manipulative traits, even Medusa can possess some love, admitting to Dr. Stein that she does have genuine feelings for him and with Arachne even confirming this notion. However, as Stein even pointed out, she most likely has an inability to truly understand the concept of love. When subjected to Tezca Tlipoca's Reflect (despite not even being the intended target), it also is revealed that even Medusa herself, to some unknown degree, is aware of her treatment to Crona and even harbors some amount of guilt. Medusa herself isn't infallible to even being subject to other emotions such as nervousness to the point of actually fidgeting, seen when she was going to meet Death face-to-face for the first time. Oddly enough, despite her own horrendous actions and rather odd tendencies (going barefoot and the way she expresses love) she find the antics of the DWMA upper brass utterly absurd, and impossible to manage. This is demontrated during her time in Rachels body when she got fed up with Death and Spirit, and later during her fight with Justin Law and Tezca Tlipoca.
Medusa is an incredibly sinister and evil individual, as well as a very powerful witch. Her greatest skill is her ability to manipulate almost anyone, due to her unbelievably high skills in acting. In her true personality, Medusa has a view of the entire world as a place of stasis, where nothing evolves or changes. She hates this so much that she went to the extent of resurrecting Kishin Asura in order to make the world mold back into "motion". She also takes incredible pleasure in others' pain when she is the one causing it, and when her experiments are working. She is so villainous that she can even subject her own child, Crona, to unimaginably torturous punishments, like locking them in a dark room for many days without food or water whenever they fails to do what she commands them to do, and gives them terrifying orders such as to devour many human souls. She is easily angered by those who create a road block in her experiments or in the "evolution" of the world, and usually tries to eliminate these problems.
Although she seems so dark, to say that Medusa has no love in her is a false statement. Deep within Medusa is her own, unique, sinister form of love that comes out extremely rarely. She expresses romantic love specifically towards her confirmed crush, Dr. Stein, whom she finds attractive because of his inner darkness. She also has a motherly love towards Crona, which only comes out after Crona has become a fearsome killer and spreader of Madness. Uniquely, in both cases, Medusa had openly stated that she loved the person right before the same person kills her.
In anime, however, Stein states that any love within Medusa's heart, no matter how small or big, was a hoax. He calls her out on this in his first battle with her, stating "At your core, Medusa, you're just like me. You could never understand a concept like love." Based on her evil and manipulative actions, this could very well be true. Considering how severe her nemesis Maka's hatred against her, she may also more vicious and savage than her manga counterpart does, if her traits in both anime or manga not equal.
Despite this, Medusa is primarily proven to be the most evil individual in the series, even more than Asura. In the anime, Maka's Majin Hunt technique, a technique based on erasing all evil, is the only thing able to kill her for the reason that she is pure evil. In contrary, when Maka utilizes the kishin hunter (A more powerful variant) against Asura, it is unable to kill Asura because he is actually the embodiment of madness, which is not completely evil.
While she wears various outfits over the course of the series, the most notable and common of these is a black body-length suit with hood, which extends downwards to her knees. The hood itself is adorned with an eye-like marking upon either side which, interestingly, when worn in addition to the shape of her hair, gives it the appearance of a snake's mouth, with teeth and fangs. It is notable that she is barefoot when not in disguise with unique toenail and fingernail polish that is black featuring yellow arrows pointing upwards.
After the revival of the Kishin Asura and her defeat by Stein and Spirit, she was forced to take possession of a young child's body. This gave her the same build and frame of the child, while still retaining the majority of her original form's appearance. However, the body did have some practicalities, as she found it particularly useful in deceiving many people. Medusa still attires herself with the usual hoodie but this one has two snake-like extensions that are attached at the neck. Also, like her adult form, she prefers to be barefooted. There is also an apparent white snake head motif on its front. Also, rather than a bodysuit, Medusa sports a knee-length dress, and, unlike her adult form, does not wear nail polish. There is also the absence of the snake tattoos on her arms.
Seeing the opportunity after Arachne's defeat by Maka during the capture of Baba Yaga's Castle, Medusa leaves her previous victim and transfers herself to the empty shell of Arachne's body. This current possession shifts Medusa's appearance much closer to her original form but now bearing Arachne's black hair color arranged in Medusa's typical style. She chooses to also adopt her typical long hoodie preceding the transformation, with it now featuring an indistinct spider's web patterning surrounding the neck line. Medusa also has a nick on her left eyebrow originally. However, the nick vanishes when she possesses Rachel and Arachne.
Her soul also takes a snake-like theme, closely resembling the head of the Gorgon of Greek legend, Medusa. However, instead of snakes, it has the same vector arrows that are present within Medusa's spells. The soul features a purple color in addition.
Medusa is known to be one of the most powerful witches in the series, supported by comments from Franken Stein who remarked on Medusa possessing an enormous soul  as well as Eruka Frog claiming there's no other witch as powerful as her during the time she went to revive Asura. She also was able to evenly battle the likes of Stein wielding Death Scythe, with both being herald as the most powerful Meister and Weapon within the Academy (sans Death). According to the How to Make a Death Scythe Guidebook, she is labelled as a "High Level Witch".
After inhabiting her own sister, Arachne, it is clear she has returned to being at least as powerful as before, if not more powerful. She was seen able to easily defend herself against Death Weapon Meister Enrique and was confident in being able to fight both Enrique and Tezca Tlipoca, remarking she could end then in a "blink of an eye". She was also able to fight against Justin Law and hold her own, although her Magic alone was not capable of damaging Justin due to it's weakness against the Madness Wavelength emitting from the Madness Fusion.
|“||Nake Snake Cobra Cobra.||”|
—Medusa's magic chant, Chapter 5 (Yen Press)
- Wavelength Control (波長コントロール, Hachō Kontorōru): With her magical power, Medusa is capable of splitting her own soul into tiny pieces only under special circumstances in which her magical power is boosted by the proximity of a powerful madness wavelength.
- Demonic Energy (特殊な魔力, Tokushuna Maryoku): Medusa is capable of infusing her Snakes with this kind of energy. According to her, a tiny amount of her kind of Demonic Energy was designed to accelerate the madness within a person and it's effects are activated during Soul Resonance.
- High Physical Abilities (高い身体能力, Takai karada nōryoku): Medusa possess great physical abilities that enable her to battle the likes of Franken Stein, withstand several blows of his soul menace technique, and be agile enough to dodge attacks from a scythe.
- Kenjutsu (剣術, Kenjutsu):In the anime, .
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (体術, Taijutsu): Medusa is a very formidable and capable unarmed combatant. Her fighting style is a defensive one consisting of the usage of magic, kicks, skills in blocking, and her tail snake. Her defenses are considerable to the point she usually leaves no openings. Her combat prowess is enough to fend off and place considerable injury on Franken Stein when wielding Spirit. She is also able to hold her own with Justin Law and defend herself of assaults from Enrique, a monkey and skilled in thai boxing.
Intellect: Medusa is very intelligent and is considered a scientific genius in her own right. She had successfully figured out the DWMA's secret  from her time as a nurse and invented the Black Blood, which can turn one into a Kishin via resonating with them from the madness. Medusa is also very skilled in manipulating and deceiving others. She is capable of bending almost anyone to her will through methods varying from false kindness to blackmail and even torture. The best proof of her acting and manipulation skills is the fact that she managed to live unnoticed in the DWMA, under nose of even Death himself and hiding her experiments in numerous laboratories. These experiments are part of her quest to harness Madness, whether through the creation of tools or empowering individual persons such as Crona. Her experiments include the Black Clown, the Black Blood, and the Portable Purple Clown, all threats to the DWMA.
- Medical Expertise: As the former nurse of the Death Weapon Meister Academy, Medusa has extensive knowledge of medicine. She has been able to use this knowledge to created substances that expedites the effects of the Black Blood within its carriers, while disguising this substance as herbal medicine, both in its pill form and its effects on regular blood.
Serpent Commanding: According to Medusa, her Light Serpents, while themselves "incredibly simple magic lifeforms," are not themselves a magic attack, as they respond not to her magic but automatically to her simple commands, without her having to release Soul Protect and hence without her needing to use additional magic.
Swordsmanship (Anime-Only): By turning one of her Vectors into a blade-like wielded instrument, Medusa is particularly skilled, even possessing the body of an average child like Rachel Boyd, easily disabling another sword wielder like Crona.
List of magic powersEdit
- Calculation Spells: Magic Calculation (演算魔法:マジックカリキュレーション, Enzan Mahō: Majikku Karikureshon): Medusa is skilled in the employment of Calculation Spells to determine placements, using this magic along with Eruka to help set up an Independent Cube created by Free due to the precision required within the spell.
- Medusa's Magic (メデューサの魔法, Medeyūsa no Mahō): Medusa's signature Magic, this allows her to control of the 1,000 "snakes" within her body, in which take the appearance of angular vectors, in which she claims will allow no "prey" coming close to ever get away. These arrows also have various, unique functions such as being able to bend, ricochet, and pierce targets, while also taking on properties of sharp blades when slashing and cutting. Her snakes also can increase the aggression and confidence within an individual and allow her track, watch, and communicate from a snake within an individual. Those affected by her magic will have a snake around their soul.
- Vector Arrow (ベクトルアロー, Bekutoru Arō): Medusa summons arrows that, like snakes, move rapidly towards her target. Vectors seem to assume almost tangible qualities, able to cut and pierce opponents like blades. Medusa also can manipulate these arrows to alter their direction and size, making them extremely versatile for direct offensive attacks or to redirect opponents' movements.
- Vector Arrow x3 (ベクトルアローx3, Bekutoru Arō Bai Surī): Noted by Franken Stein more powerful variant of Vector Arrow, this triple the amount of arrows in which is normally present.
- Analyze Decompose (解析分解, Kaiseki Bunka): A spell in which allows Medusa to shoot her target with her Vector Arrows and us it's Magic to break down any coating from the target.
- Vector Storm (ベクトルストーム, Bekutoru Sutōmu): Medusa surrounds herself with numerous intertwining Vector Arrows, projecting upwards from the ground and resulting in a spinning physical shield, capable of shielding her from attacks.
- Vector Plate (ベクトルプレート, Bekutoru Purēto): Medusa is able to summon a plate in which is able to propel the subject the direction in which the vector she created points in, including herself even. She can also perform this spell in midair and use it for high speed movement.
- Compress Vectors (ベクトル圧縮, Bekutoru Asshuku): This spell surrounds the subject, compressing them into a space the size of a small ball.
- Medusa's Magic-related other magics
- Tail Snake (テイルスネーク, Teiru Sunēku): A Vector protrudes from Medusa's backside like a tail. Pliable but strong, the Vector stretches while still keeping her entire weight balanced so she can dodge with significant flexibility, even supporting her weight while holding her upside down.
- Vector Conduct (ベクトルコンダクト, Bekutoru Condacuto): By placing this spell onto a person, Medusa gives them the vision to follow invisible Vectors she has laid in locations. This spell can be used to secretly guide others to intended destinations.
- Vector Boost (ベクトルブースト, Bekutoru Būsuto ): Magic in which Medusa can bestow to others in which doubles their power whenever their attack is exerted in the same direction in which the arrow tattoo points at.
- Soul Protect (ソウルプロテクト, Souru Purotekuto): A advance magic in which allows Medusa to disguise her soul as a ordinary human, being able to fool the soul perception techniques used by both human meisters and even death gods. During the duration of this spell's active use, she cannot perform magic.
- Soul Protect: Cancel (魂の保護:解除, Tamashī no Hogo :Kaijo; FUNimation "Soul Protect: Release"): This magic deactivates the effects of Soul Protect.
List of special movesEdit
- Wavelength Control techniques
- Soul Possession (魂憑依, Tamashī Hyōi): Under special circumstances of having her magic boosted, Medusa can split and scatter her own soul into tiny pieces to later be implanted. She can occupy another animal or person in order to gather magical power. It is far easier, however, for Medusa to possess the body of someone related to her such as her sister, Arachne Gorgon (though she abandoned most of her body and consciousness to become madness itself).
- Madness techniques
- Madness Fusion (狂気融合, Kyōki Yūgō): With the usage of her Portable Purple Clown, Medusa can utilize this ability in an effort to combined the power of the Purple Clown and her Light Serpents to use in her attacks. This enabled her Light Serpents to fare better during her fight with Justin Law, who's Madness Fusion with the Clown allowed him to attune to Asura's Madness Wavelength, rendering her Snake Magic useless.
As a Witch, an evil Magic User, Medusa Gorgon is thus vulnerable to those who possess an Anti-Demon Wavelength or one of the Great Traditional Techniques of the Scythe-Meister. In addition, although Medusa has an extremely strong defense, Franken Stein explained that her own pride could potentially cause her to let down her guard long enough for a skilled fighter to exploit her opening.
Medusa knows her own limits of power, showing genuine nervousness when meeting Death face to face for the first time. In the anime, she casually referred to the Death God's strength as superior to her own upon asking that Death remove the restraints on her.
She also was utterly crushed by Arachne Gorgon's mind attack, showing how Madness-related attacks can incapacitate her quickly and prompting her to create the Portable Purple Clown as an external contingency against Madness. Medusa's own Magic was also disrupted then rendered useless against Justin Law's Madness Fusion, with Justin calling her magic attack as being from an "obsolete age". She was also susceptible to even just the residual of Tezca Tlipoca's Reflect ability, causing her to confront her guilt regarding her actions towards Crona, even though Tezca was not targeting her.
Light Serpent (ライトサーペント, Raito Sāpento): Functioning as support and within her snake tattoos, her Light Serpent is a Magic Lifeform in which can act on simple commands from her hands even outside her own Magic or in situations such as the limitations of Soul Protect.
Portable Purple Clown (紫染の道化師, Shisen no Dokeshi): Medusa created this artificial clown in an effort to externally combat the usage of Madness against her. While not as strong as an actual clown, it was particularly effective against Justin Law's madness illusions. The Purple Clown can be utilize for Madness Fusion to combine with Medusa's own magic attacks and hence to overcome her Magic's weaknesses against Madness.
Snake Listening Device (ヘビの盗聴器, Hebi no tōchōki): Medusa can use her Magic with Demonic Energy to create a listening device in which, when ingested, can hone in and allow her to listen to other's conversation. It also allows her to speed up one's onset of Madness due to the Demonic Energy within it.
Eight Centuries AgoEdit
Medusa is the middle child of the three Gorgon Sisters, born at least 800 years ago. Eight hundred years ago, Arachne, having attracted the attention of Death, tried to convince Medusa to aid her in battling the Death God. However, when the time came to assist her sister, Medusa did not join her in battle and instead betrayed her. As a result, Arachne was nearly killed by Death.
At some point in time, Medusa resurfaced in the current era. She had created a substance known as the Black Blood and also had a child, who she named Crona, from an unknown man. She then found the Demon Weapon, Ragnarok and had him melted down in a vat full of Black Blood. Medusa replaced all of Crona's blood with the Black Blood and the mixture containing what was left of Ragnarok.
With Crona, Medusa raised her child to be a killer. One of the lessons they were taught was killing. Faced with a child who was conscious of other life and therefore couldn't "deal" with it, she would lock her own child in a dark room for days on end with Ragnarok under the presumption of them being "punished" for not following her instruction. She constantly pressured Crona into killing the Little Bunny, and resorted to the same punishment when Crona remarked they couldn't "deal with it". Finally after a few days, Crona's sanity broke and they did as she instructed, killing the Little Bunny. Medusa then remarked that they would have bunny for dinner that night.
However, despite Medusa's intentions of making Crona an independent individual, they became the opposite; they became completely dependent on her own orders. Thus, she labelled them a failure in that regard.
Medusa later infiltrates the DWMA with the usage of a Magic known as Soul Protect and hides among the staff as the school nurse. Although she informed the Witch Order of her actions are under presumption of research on the Academy itself, her true goal was to find the remains of the first Kishin and use the Black Blood to resurrect him.
Medusa is contacted by DWMA student Clay Sizemore on treating the injuries of Hao and Raid after their altercation with Anya Hepburn and Tsugumi Harudori. Days later, Medusa arrives at Deathbucks Café. Being acquainted with Master, she orders the "usual" coffee.
Being in Florence, Medusa sends out Crona to eat the souls of the Humans within the Santa Mario Novella Basilica. She proclaims that they will be a Kishin. When Crona denounces the notion, she uses her Magic to give them confidence. She then listens and watches from afar as Crona kills all the individuals within the church.
Later, as she watches Crona's battle with Maka Albarn, she questions the Meister on their apparent slowness and when Crona asks how to deal with girls, Medusa tells them they should simply kill them. When Crona prepares to finish Maka and Soul off, she urges them to do so. Medusa is then surprised to find the DWMA's strongest Meister and Death Scythe arriving. She wonders how Crona will perform against them.
Once Crona and Ragnarok reach their limit and have a rejection response, Medusa then cancels her Soul Protect and reveals herself. Criticizing Crona for their apparent sloppiness and revealing that she will punish them, she seemingly intends to do harm on both Stein and Spirit, attacking them with her Vector Arrow spell. When her spell is countered with Stein's Witch-Hunt, she takes the opportunity to retrieve Crona with her Light Serpent, but not before complimenting their Soul Resonance attack. She then escapes with Crona on hand.
She later reappears in her nurse guise, requesting Maka assist her in getting a love-struck Spirit off of her leg, causing the latter to be Maka Chopped. Hearing Maka blame herself for what happened to Soul, Medusa "reassures" the young Meister that she'll get stronger.
After Soul has one of his nightmares and he screams out, both Maka — and, moments later, Medusa — arrive. When Soul reassures them that he only had a bad dream, she told both members of the Meister/Weapon pair to call her right away should anything happen. She muses in her head that some of Ragnarok's Black Blood mixed into Soul's own, now finding him an interesting research subject.
Attending a Witch Mass on the subject of Medusa Gorgon's activities in the DWMA, Medusa herself appears and is granted permission by Maba to continue her research. As the mass ends and she leaves with Crona and Ragnarok, she is stopped by the likes of Eruka Frog and a member of the Mizune family and questions on her intents and purposes as well as inform Medusa they're aware of her sneaking into Maba's room. Medusa quickly shuts them up, secretly implanting a Light Serpent and some of her Snakes into both of them before leaving, chiming in the fact the school nurse can't be late.
Later, Medusa is caring for Soul Eater, who recounts his dream experiences and shares them with the nurse as he talks about the Black Room as well as the Little Ogre present. Medusa is surprised, noting the Black Blood having an actual effect but actually tells Soul there's nothing to worry about and that having the same dream often is common. She also notes that his recovery is coming along fine. Just after her examination, Maka interrupts both Medusa and Soul but quickly flees at the sight of Soul's scar. Medusa deduces that the scar is what is causing the awkwardness.
As she walks down a alleyway in Death City, feeling the infiltration of DWMA is worth her efforts and desiring to test Soul's capabilities, she runs into Eruka and Mizune once more. The frog Witch proclaims they're here to kill her. Although she advises that even with Soul Protect, young Meisters can recognize a Witch by appearance, Eruka retorts her "concern" with the fact both of them employ Transformation Magic and can use that to escape, a capability Medusa herself notably doesn't possess and plan to use the Soul Protect limitations to their advantage and should she drop it, she'd be outed as a Witch. Cancelling their own Soul Protect, they prepare to kill Medusa. However, having anticipated their eventual altercation, she has one of her Light Serpents she implanted inside them earlier kill Mizune while explaining to Eruka they're Magic Lifeforms and are automatic. Preparing to kill Eruka, she is interrupted by Stein and Maka's speedy reaction, with Eruka escaping. Faking the fact she "sensed" two Witches along with Stein and Maka, she supports the claim from Maka insinuating the "Witch" who "hurt" Soul was present, although Stein quickly rebuffs that notion much to her dismay, but expresses gratitude the school nurse wasn't hurt.
Tracking down Eruka with one of her Snakes sending a signal of her location to Medusa, she tasks the Witch with the releasing of the "Man with the Demon Eye", the man who plucked out Queen Maba's eye out despite the consequences with Medusa threatening her life all the while her feet grovels Eruka in her frog form. With Eruka relunctantly accepting and transforming back as she labels her intentions carefully, Medusa comically orders her to turn back into a frog, remarking her grovelling in her human form doesn't feel as good as her frog form.
Congratulating Eruka, Medusa informs her that she will remove a Snake for every task she's done, much to the frog's displeasure. Introducing herself to the Demon Eye Man, she seemingly agrees to call him "Free" instead — though she wonders if he could consider himself free with her intentions. She then asks him to eliminate a Meister and Weapon duo, with the Werewolf accepting her request. She later watches as Soul is unable to resonate with Maka through the use of her Snakes within Eruka and Crystal Ball, proclaiming "Let the experiment begin!".
Medusa is curious as to how Soul's Black Blood will respond, watching as both Maka and Soul are able to achieve Soul Resonance despite their initial inability during their battle with Free. Medusa notes the Black Blood beginning to take effect as well as its capabilty for causing the Weapon affected to eat away at the Meister's very mind. Impressed at the results and despite Free's eventual defeat on part of his rustiness, she proclaims that continuing her research will allow the Kishin to evolve.
Giving her medical opinion of Maka's blood, Medusa claims that her blood was black because of it drying, although she saw Maka cough up Black Blood. Medusa gives her a pill which secretly speeds up the effects of the Black Blood. She then asks about Soul's wellbeing and speaks of the dreams involving an Ogre, an occurance unknown to Maka. When questioned, she claimed he insisted on talking about it. Maka then leaves angrily, with Medusa being amused by her irritation. She then looks for the files on Maka, only to be surprised by their absence. Stein intervenes, questioning Medusa's "worry" about Soul and Maka. The witch states that a lot had happened to them recently, while cursing at him internally. When Stein questions Medusa on Maka's perscription, she claims it is a personal herbal medicine that improves circulation and pulse, which it is in a way. This is while contemplating killing him and wondering how much he knows. Medusa says that she is crazy about herbs and couldn't just do nothing for Maka and Soul. When he insinuates she's a witch, she has a moment of killing intent but instead claims calling her such is harassment based on her appearence.
Later, Medusa then instructs Eruka on gathering the case containing the Black Blood with her Snakes. Rendezvousing with her group members later, she tells Eruka to open the case with the Black Blood as well as asking about the status of Free's Demon Eye, who comments he can control an Independent Cube. Medusa is ecstatic, proclaiming she's been waiting for the day in particular to launch her move.
Informed by Eruka of their arrival later during the DWMA's Anniversary Eve via her Snakes, she instructs them to await at a location and wait for her signal, though is interrupted by a seemingly drunken Stein wanting to dance, much to her embarrassment.
Stein later questions Medusa, revealing he had sent Sid to her laboratory in Libya, deducing her to be a Witch. Though Medusa buffs accusations with claims he's drunk, he reveals he wasn't to begin with and further deduces she is interested in the Kishin under the DWMA. Angered, she expresses intent to kill him if Death wasn't in the same room. She confirms his conclusions, claiming the Kishin's power is evolution itself and the DWMA hinders it and "maintains the status quo", with her intentions to undo the DWMA's effort. She then tries swaying Stein to come to her side, nearly kissing him. However, Sid interrupts and Medusa makes uses of the diversion, assisting Free with creating a Independent Cube with the Magic Calculation spell along with Eruka. Expressing the group having little idle time, Crona appears with the Mizune Family, trusting them to destroy Death City as her group then moves to resurrect the Kishin underground.
- Comments from both Medusa and Noah implies there is a rivalry between the two despite never meeting on-panel, with Medusa having express not wanting to lose capturing the Kishin to Noah (Greed).
- Medusa's Vector theme appears to be based on Shotaro's "Bones of Medusa"'s ability to fire vectors/snakes like Medusa's vectors from Atsushi's earlier series B. Ichi.
- In the "Atsushi Bar" postface of volume 4, it is revealed that Medusa's braid is curling to the right when she is as a witch and curling to the left when she is as a nurse. However, the first time she appears as a witch, her braid is mistakenly curling to the left. Atsushi, the creator of Soul Eater, did this purposely so that if anyone had asked him "Wouldn't people be able to figure out who she is?", he could answer "Her hair is twisted differently so they think she's a different person."
- In Episode 40 of the anime, on her prison door, her name is misspelled "M-E-D-O-U-S-A".
|High-Ranking Members||Maba • Witch Judge|
|Witches||Eruka Frog • Angela Leon • Mizune Family • Kim Diehl • Taruho Firefly • Tabasa Butterfly • Free • Shaula Gorgon • Witch Assistant|
|Former Members||Arachne Gorgon • Medusa Gorgon • Kimial Diehl|
|Military & Resources||Guard Dog Troop • Flamethrower • Magic Flying Broomstick • Magic|
|Occurences||Witch Mass • Witch Trial|
|Eruka Frog • Angela Leon • Mizune Family • Kim Diehl • Taruho Firefly • Tabasa Butterfly • Shaula Gorgon • Ponera • Medusa Gorgon • Arachne Gorgon • Samantha• Maba • Witch Judge • Free|
|Spies||Crona • Ragnarok • Eruka Frog • Free • Mizune Family|