Meisters are individuals with exceptional wavelengths who are paired up with Weapons should both the Meister and Weapon have a compatible wavelength. This is based on the personalities of the potential Meister and Weapon. Should they be compatible, the individual would be able to utilize their chosen partner with ease. However, if one's wavelength isn't compatible, dangerous effects from the rejection can result in injury and possibly death in extreme cases.
Meisters can vary in race, even to animals such as the likes of Apes. Only Demon Weapons, most likely due to their role already as a weapon, cannot undertake the capability of becoming Meisters. The only exceptions are those who wield their family members' weapon forms due to a a special bond and the usage of Excalibur.
It seems to be a prerequisite that a Meister be physically fit. In fact, nearly all Meisters revealed appear to be physically fit. The need to be fit is given credence when Nygus noted that it's a shame that Patty is a Weapon after witnessing her take down numerous opponents without a loss in form. This is further evidenced by the fact that many of the Meisters seem to be able to run the 100m dash in under 9 seconds, with Black☆Star coming in at under 6 seconds. The real world world-record for the 100m dash is 9.58 seconds.
Types of Meisters
- Utility Meister (万能職人, Bannō Shokunin): A meister that is capable of hooking their wavelength up with different weapons and synchronize them simultaneously in battle. Kilik Rung is the only expressed utility meister.
- Genius Meister (天才職人, Tensai Shokunin): According to Spirit Albarn, meister who're labelled this are able to easily master any weapon to an extent.
- Scythe-Meister (鎌職人, Kama Shokunin): Scythe-meisters are meisters who employ the usage of demon scythes.
- Pot Meister (壺職人, Tsubo Shokunin): A meister whose skill is in the usage of a Demon Weapon that transforms into a "pot"; gauntlet-like gloves.
- Shadow Weapon Meister (暗器職人, Anki Shokunin; FUNimation "Assassin Meister"): Meisters skilled in using weapons for assassination.
- Knife Meister (ナイフ職人, Naifu Shokunin): A meister whom is skilled with the employment and use usage of a knife as a Demon Weapon. [[
- Gun-Type Meister (銃型職人, Jū-gata Shokunin): As the name implies, Gun-Type Meisters are Meisters who wield and skilled in the usage of gun-type demon weapons.
- Great Sword Meister (大剣職人, Daiken Shokunin): A meister skilled in the usage of a demon weapon in which can transform into a great sword.
- Lamp Meister (ランプ職人, Ranpu Shokunin): Meister who are skilled in employing weapons classified as lamps.
- Demon Sword Master (魔剣士, Makenshi): Demon sword masters are meister who are skilled in the employment and usage of sword-type weaponry.
Although meisters vary in skill and power, many (though not all) share a common set of abilities and techniques such as:
- Meister Techniques (職人の技, Shokunin no Waza): A general term, all meisters possess skill and abilities relating to their ability as a meister.
- Soul Resonance (魂の共鳴, Tamashī no Kyōmei): A technique that allows for the execution of special attacks from a Demon Weapon when the Meister's Soul Wavelength is sent into their Weapon, which then amplifies it and sends it back to the Meister. This process is done repeatedly. In turn, performing this generates a strong Wavelength which enables a powerful attack to be performed.
- Wavelength Control (波長コントロール, Hachō Kontorōru): All Meisters possess this ability of controlling their own wavelength to some degree, allowing them to be able to hold a Demon Weapon compatible to them.
- Soul Perception (魂感知, Tamashī Kanchi): A technique that grants a meister the ability to perceive souls of others. This technique was originally developed among Humans as a method of tracking down evil witches though was later countered by a special spell created among the witches. Not all meisters are proficient in this skill.
There's known advanced techniques utilized by only extremely skilled meisters:
- Soul Menace (魂威, Kon'i): A wavelength control technique that allows a meister to act on the offensive with his own wavelength without a demon weapon, the resulting attack appearing similar to that of electricity and performing internal damage.
- Adjust (相殺, Sōsai): An advanced technique of wavelength control that allows a meisterto adjust to another's Wavelength. This allows them to potentially cancel out techniques originating from wavelength control(such as Ultimate Move: Black☆Star Big Wave). However, this requires a meister to be stronger than that of the target.
Some techniques utilized by meisters can only be used by certain, special individuals:
- Super Soul Perception (超魂感知, Chō Tamashii Kanchi): A rare variant of soul perception that allows for skills such as lie detecting. Users of Super Soul Perception are exceptional, capable of perceiving madness at a grander scale and even break through a witch's soul protect. Users of this are known to be targets by witches and agents of the Kishin.
Soul Resonance Techniques
Some Soul Resonance techniques among Meisters are also commonly utilized:
- Great Traditional Techniques of the Scythe-Meister (鎌職人伝統の大技, Kamashokunin dentō no ōwaza): Special technique exist among scythe meisters that allows for soul resonance. Witch-Hunt is the only known example of these special techniques.
Certain fighting styles exist for the usage of a Meister such as:
- Art of Assassination (暗殺術, Ansatsu Jutsu): A fighting style use by assassin-related Meisters. Users of the Art of Assassination follow a specifc set of principles and apply them in battle.
- Instantaneous Maximum Firepower (瞬間最大火力, Shunkan Saidai Karyoku): A devastating fighting style in which involves a Meister to attack with the max firepower of their capability in an "instant" as the name implies. So far, this practice is only seen used by a Pot Meister, namely Kilik Rung.
- Stein's Fighting Style (シュタインの格闘スタイル, Shutain no Kakutō Sutairu): A simplistic Scythe-Meister style in which a Meister uses a weapon to defend from attacks and attacks exclusively with Soul Menace with their free-hand.
List of meisters
Main article: Category:Meister