The book features character profiles and author comments, numerous battle analysis titled "battle results", a world guide to Soul Eater, story guides, a special interview with the series' creator, and special comics of Soul Eater GAIDEN and Soul Eater Monotone Princess.
The guidebook features alternate spellings for characters' names. In the Japanese version, some of the different spellings are: Patti, Harver De Eclair, Kirikou Rung, Sid Barrett, Mirra Neigus, Beater Joe, Eruca Frog, Giricco, Ashura, and Pierrot.
Character's powers entries, skill names, and description vary between translation. Although some entry translation between Japanese to other languages (Italian, German, etc.) are consistent with same information shared, others details are completely different
- Death the Kid reveals that the resurrection of Asura took place on April 1st, the eve of the anniversary of Death Weapon Meister Academy's founding. The date in which DWMA had written the case report is 00831578.
- The story guide and information the guideboook covers is from Prologue #1: Soul Eater to Chapter 55.
- There are several "report dates" from DWMA's special case reports although they appear to be random set of numbers besides all of then starting out as "008" and consisting of eight numbers:
- 00835215: The report date of DWMA's case report about Crona's surfacing and concerns about the imminent signs of a Kishin
- 00831578: The report date of DWMA's case report about DWMA's failure to stop Medusa's plan of resurrecting Asura.
- 00833598: The report date of DWMA's case report about Arachnophobia's activities being the most notable since Asura's resurrection
- ↑ Soul Eater Manga: Chapter 32